The Colin Organ Photography
In honour of Cllr Colin Organ the founder of Gloucester Goes Retro who sadly passed away this year, we have launched a new photo competition.
Post your best pics from this year on Instagram using the hashtag #ggrphotocomp or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2022. The images will be judged by a panel including the family of Cllr Organ. The winner will receive £200 worth of high street gift vouchers and their image will be used as the headline image for next years event! The competition is aimed at amateur photographers.
Terms and Conditions
This Photography competition (the ‘Competition’) is subject to the following Terms and Conditions (‘Conditions’) and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by them.
1. All Entries must be received by 5pm (BST) on 30 September 2022 (‘Closing Date’).
3. The Competition is open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom, and also to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom provided that they able to enter the Competition without breaching any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
4. Gloucester City Council shall assume that the parents or guardians of any entrant who is less than 18 years old have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition.
5. Employees of Gloucester City Council, their relatives or any agents or employees are not eligible to enter the Competition.
6. Entries should be submitted in a HIGH RESOLUTION format, minimum 350 dpi. Images which are not high resolution may be discounted from the competition. Entries should be submitted by posting on Instagram using the hashtag #ggrphotocomp or by emailing email@example.com by the Closing Date (5pm 30 September 2022) entries after this time will not be considered.
7. Only entries submitted in the correct resolution format in electronic form will be included in the judging.
8. If your entry has peoples faces in the picture please make sure you get written permission using the permission form here.
9. Prize-winners will be selected and notified by 15 October 2022 at the latest, by email or through Instagram. One winning image will be selected by judges from Gloucester Bid and Gloucester City Council to feature in next years event promotion. The winner will also receive £200 in high street gift vouchers.
10. Gloucester City Council accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed whether due to transmission errors, website malfunction, computer error or otherwise.
Intellectual property rights and data protection.
11. Entrants agree to their winning pictures appearing on the websites gloucestergoesretro.com and visitgloucester.co.uk, as well as on blogs, facebook, twitter and other social media channels.
12. By submitting an Entry in the Competition you grant Gloucester City Council a non-exclusive royalty-free worldwide commercial licence unlimited in time, to use the Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) in all formats and in any medium of communication, and for all promotional purposes which the council shall consider appropriate. The scope of the licence granted shall include your irrevocable permission to the Council to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, and store your Entry worldwide for such purposes as the Council shall think fit without restriction.
13. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used by the Council in accordance with its data protection policy which can be found here.